close
close

Kodiak woman found dead after house fire

By Daily news from Anchorage

Updated: 16 minutes ago Published: 16 minutes ago

Kodiak Fire Department crews responding to a house fire Sunday morning found a 70-year-old woman dead inside the home, Alaska State Troopers said.

The Kodiak Fire Department was called to the residence on Benny Benson Drive around 1 a.m., troopers said. Firefighters found Olga Malutin in the building, who was taken to hospital, where she was pronounced dead, he added.

A deputy fire marshal investigated the scene and determined the fire started in a bedroom and “the cause was electrical,” troopers said. Malutin’s body was sent to the State Office of Medical Examiners for an autopsy, he added.